|Now that back to school is finally here bring on the fundraisers. Everyone loves a bake sale! They are fun, easy, and something the kids will enjoy helping with, too.
1. Gather a TeamBake sales take lots of helping hands. By breaking down the event into bite-sized tasks, it’s simple for many people to make a small contribution towards a successful fundraiser. Volunteers are needed to:
2. Choose the Best SpotPick a well-trafficked time, place and location. To increase sales, try scheduling the bake sale during another event, like a school sports game, open house or carnival, church picnic, soccer tournament, swim meet, theater event, race, parade or garage sale.
3. Get the Word OutPromote your bake sale in school / group newsletters and post colorful signs near foot traffic such as the school drop off and pickup line, and close to the bake sale itself. Another opportunity to remember is your social network. Have the team post mentions and photos on Facebook to build interest.
4. Start Baking!Homemade items sell faster and baking at home offers opportunities for kids to help. We all know parents are BUSY, so be sure to welcome store-bought goods as well. If you want to ensure a tasty palette of choices, plan general categories and ASK volunteers to sign up for specific donations. Be sure to include nut-free & gluten-free options for customers with food allergies and healthy choices for those avoiding sweets. Consider these options:
5. Boost Sales with Bonus ItemsOnce you’ve gathered a crowd, think creatively about how to get them to spend even more money at your bake sale with value-added offerings: lemonade, coffee or hot chocolate and yogurt cups.
If your bake sale takes place during the holidays, provide decorative cellophane bags and ribbon or gift wrap items for a small fee. Consider adding a raffle with a choice prize such as a special cake or donated spa treatment or restaurant gift certificate.
6. Pay Attention to Presentation
7. Be Prepared!Use a checklist to gather everything you need for bake sale day:
Tip: Check the space a few days before to see what items the school or event venue can provide. Pack small items in a wagon to make them easier to carry from your car.
Shop now for your next bake sale
August 31, 2012
August 24, 2012
Sweet Shirts View All >> | Create Your Own
Cool Cases View All >> | Create Your Own
Slick Skins View All >> | Create Your Own
Marvelous Mugs View All >> | Create Your Own
Beautiful Bags View All >> | Create Your Own
Super Sleeves View All >> | Create Your Own
August 21, 2012
August 20, 2012
Get all your Back To School essentials.
20% off all orders over $50, now through Sunday.
Use Code: BTSESSENTIAL
*To qualify for the deduction of 20% off the product net sale, one or more Zazzle products are purchased with a net sale price equal or greater than $50.00. The coupon code BTSESSENTIAL must be entered during checkout. For most products, the net sale price is the price of the product (excluding shipping and taxes). For Zazzle Custom Stamps, the net sale price is the difference between the price of the Zazzle Custom Stamps (excluding shipping and taxes) and the face value of the postage. Offer is valid until August 26, 2012 at 11:59pm PT. This offer does not apply to past purchases and may not be combined with any other Zazzle promotional or volume discount offers. If a volume discount applies to your order, you will receive either the discount set forth in this offer or the standard volume discount, whichever is greater. Offer valid on Zazzle.com only.